Friday 23 November 2012

Day 7 - The Magical Way Out of Negativity


Are you grateful to be alive each day?  Or do you take your life for granted?
Taking things for granted results in complaining, negative thoughts and words.  So when you complain, by the law of attraction, you must bring more things into your life to complain about!
If you’re complaining about the weather, the traffic, your boss, your spouse, your family, a friend, a stranger, waiting in lines, bills, the economy, the cost of something, or the service of a company, you are not being grateful, and you’re pushing your dream life further way with every complaint.
It’s impossible to be negative when you’re grateful.  It’s impossible to criticize and blame when you’re grateful.  It’s impossible to feel sad or have any negative feeling when you’re grateful.  And the best news is that if you have any negative situations in your life currently, it won’t take a long period of a time to transform them with gratitude.  The negative situations will disappear in a puff of smoke – just like magic.
First, as difficult as it may be, you have to look for things to be grateful for in the negative situation.  No matter how bad things are, you can always find something to be grateful for, especially when you know that your gratitude will magically transform every negative circumstance.  Walt Disney, who knew about the true magic of life, showed us how to do this in his movie Pollyanna.
Disney’s 1960 move Pollyanna featured “The Glad Game”.  To play the game you look for as many things as you can to be glad about, especially in a negative situation. Buddha demonstrated the way to use the same magical power when he said:
“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful”
As an example, your problem might be that you’re still out of work, and despite your best efforts, you’re still unemployed.  To magically turn this situation around, you have to do a concentrated practice of gratitude on the situation.  Here are some examples of what you might say:
1.        I am so grateful to have had more time for my family during this period
2.        I’m grateful that my life is in a lot better order because of the spare time I’ve had
3.        I’m grateful that I’ve had a job most of my life, and that I am experienced
4.        I am truly grateful that this is the first time I’ve been unemployed
5.        I’m grateful that there are jobs out there, and more new jobs are appearing each day
6.        I am grateful for all the things I’ve learned in applying for jobs and in going to interviews
7.        I am grateful that I have my health and that I can work
8.        I am grateful for my family’s encouragement and support
9.        I am grateful for the rest I’ve had, because I needed it
10.     I am grateful that through losing my job, I’ve realised how much having a job means to me.  I have never realised that until now.
As a result of the unemployed person’s gratitude, they will attract different circumstances, and their current situation must and will magically change.  The power of gratitude is greater than any negative situation, and there are unlimited ways that the negative situation can change.  All you have to do is practice gratitude and watch the magic take place.

No comments:

Post a Comment